Environmental Safeguard Issues
Environmental Safeguard Issues are very important for livestock rearing in Bangladesh. If we do not give due attention on these issues, environment can be polluted and human health hazards may be occurred. Keeping this mind, PIU, NATP, DLS gave emphasis in the following areas as part of environmental safeguard issues:
• Sanitary and phyto-sanitary: Awareness creation through training and demonstration to maintain improved hygienic management of farmyard manure, refused feed staff etc. through composed making and biogas plant.
• Waste Management (Farm waste & carcass): Awareness creation & skill improvement through training, motivation and farm visit to maintain proper waste management.
• Poultry Litter Management : Increase awareness created through training, motivation and farm visit to reduce the environment pollution
• Cold Management (winter season): Demonstrations of Shed Management to reduce production loss of cattle and poultry in winter season.
• High temperature: Demonstration and training of free ventilation to the CIG farmers to combat heat stroke of poultry bird and cross- bred cows.
• Bio-safety: Increase awareness created through training, motivation and farm visit to maintain bio-safety measures.
• Bio-diversity: Increase awareness created through advocacy for maintaining bio-diversity of livestock breeding at village, union and upazila level.